Pages

Wednesday 2 December 2015

Meet Ivy Snowflake

This is Ivy, a young elf who has always dreamed of leaving Lapland and travelling the world, just like the humans she watches on TV. This year she's finally got her wish of adventuring into the unknown by earning a spot on Santa's pre-Christmas visit team. 

So Ivy, what elf can you tell me about yourself?
My favourite thing to do is ice-skating. There's nothing better than gliding across the frozen lake back home when there's snow falling. I also love a good snowball fight with my younger siblings. I've got 8 sisters, all younger than me. Elves tend to have bigger families than humans.

How did you get picked to be on Santa's team?
I actually applied the previous year and was unsuccessful so I was working in a factory that makes Christmas cards. Back in August I received a phone call from one of Santa's personal assistants asking if I'd come to an interview. Of course it was an offer I couldn't refuse. After the interview and a bit of paper work, I was invited to a training day and got to meet Santa. It was very exciting.




What does the job involve?
I talk to the children whilst they are waiting to see Santa, and then take them through. I also take a picture of the children with Santa, so they can remember their visit. 

Why is is important for Santa to organise these pre-Christmas visits?
Many reasons really, but the main one is so Santa can spread the magic of Christmas. Children may not remember all the presents they get, but they will remember meeting Santa. It also helps Santa to get a better idea of what children want for Christmas, how good they've been and how tidy their rooms will be on Christmas eve! Santa and us elves work hard all year round to make Christmas special, it's a real pleasure for us to be able to come and meet some of the children we're helping.

Do you have any tips for humans this Christmas?
Yes, don't leave out lemonade for the reindeer, last time Rudolf got the hiccups, making the presents fall out of the sleigh! Also, don't worry if you haven't got a chimney, Santa's got a magic key that let's him in houses without chimneys.

Thank you Ivy, for talking to me today and giving us all an insight into your world.

J :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post any tips, questions or comments. Remember to leave the link to your blog if you have one!!