Pages

Sunday 5 March 2017

Pancakes, Pokemon, and surfing

Pancake Day
I've only been celebrating pancake day since my coursemates came over to mine to cook some in my second year of uni. Since then, pancake day has become a tradition for me and I enjoy cooking them and especially eating them. This year I had pancakes for lunch and dinner and they were delicious.


Pokemon Go
Mid February brought in the second generation of Pokemon to Pokemon Go, which meant lots of new catches. The update also included new outfit options so I also gave my avatar a new look. One day me and Amy played Pokemon on the walk to get our food shop and in the five minutes it took us to walk home from the bus stop, we got absolutely drenched in rain and narrowly avoided some massive hail stones.


Surfs up (and down)
One thing that Australia is known for is surfing. I couldn't come all this way without giving it ago, so towards the end of last month I booked a lesson. I was a bit apprehensive before hand but as soon as me and Amy arrived at Manly Surf School, I just felt excited. We started off going through basic information and safety stuff, then had a practice on the sand. We then went out into the water and tried surfing in a press up position, before heading back to the sand to practice getting into a standing postition. I struggled with both of these and just assumed I wouldn't be able to get into a standing position in the water. But somehow I managed to get on my feet a few times, as well as lots of falling in of course. My whole body ached the next day but it was so worth it. It was so much fun and I can't wait to go again.



J :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post any tips, questions or comments. Remember to leave the link to your blog if you have one!!