Pages

Monday 17 April 2017

A very Autumn Easter


Even though I'm on the other side of the world to my family, friends, and home country, I don't feel that far away. I guess it's mainly to do with being able to keep in touch with everyone easily, and culture-wise Australia isn't too different to England.

However, the thing I really can't get my head around is the difference in seasons. Christmas in Summer felt really weird and now I'm experiencing an Autumn Easter during my short trip to New Zealand.



To me, Easter is about celebrating Spring and the lovely April weather, new life, and of course lots and lots of chocolate. So it was rather strange to be kicking up the Autumn leaves instead.


It turned out to be a pretty good Easter too. I spent the morning in bed watching YouTube and eating chocolate, which is how all good occasions start. Then I went for an afternoon walk around Christchurch's botanical gardens which have a river to stroll along (or kayak or punt through if you want), as well as a rose garden. This was followed up with a trip to a cafe where I had a hot caramel drink.


What did you get up to this Easter? And where abouts were you celebrating it from?

J :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post any tips, questions or comments. Remember to leave the link to your blog if you have one!!