Pages

Sunday 22 February 2015

Fields of green - Style haul #2

When I was a kid, about 90% of the clothes I wore were green, because that's my favourite colour and my parents always let wear whatever I wanted. So in most of the family pictures I'm dressed head to toe in green! Below you can see a few examples.
Left: green flowery dress with pink Barbie arm-pads that match the (out of shot) Barbie roller blades. Right: emerald green cardigan.
Now that I'm an adult (how did that happen?) I like to wear a whole range of colours. However I've noticed that the items I've bought recently are all green. I also painted my bedroom mint green a few months ago, which my younger self would approve of.

Back in November I went shopping in Bristol with my mum to find a graduation dress. I didn't find a dress (I ended up wearing a blue dress I already owned) but I did find this green, navy and black tartan skort - I love the practicality of a pair of shorts with the femininity of looking like a skirt. These were from New Look.


The next item I bought was a pair teal coloured daps, which were £10 from Peacocks, as I've been in need of some casual day shoes for a while and thought these ones would do just nicely.


I saw a tartan green scarf just before Christmas and I've wanted one ever since. I finally decided to get this one, which was £19 from Accessorize. It's more than I would usually pay for a scarf, but seeing as it was nearly payday I decided to treat myself. As you can see below, it's a lot of material, and it's very cosy so well worth the price!

I feel like Chuck Bass in this scarf.

Finally is this cute mint Jumper. I saw it in H&M for only £5.99. It had dinosaurs on so I just had to get it!


Does anyone else have any unusual fashion choices from when they were kids? I like how all the 90s fashion is coming round again at the moment.

J :)

P.S you can find style haul #1 here.

P.P.S I haven't been sponsored to write this post; these are things I brought with my own money and decided to share with you guys. If I ever get asked to post anything for financial (or other) gain, I will make it very clear that that is the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post any tips, questions or comments. Remember to leave the link to your blog if you have one!!